Spring is a time for new beginnings and growth. It is a great time of the year to do a full body cleanse. Get rid of the unwanted toxins and replenish your body with rich nutrients, vitamins and minerals. After your cleanse you will feel rejuvenated, fresh, and clear minded.
‘The age old tradition of cleansing detoxifies the organs and keeps the body operating efficiently – giving us a fresh new start. There are a wide variety of ways to cleanse. You may choose to practice one day each week or maybe you prefer to cleanse one week each year. Perhaps you adopt a raw foods diet or choose a full juice cleanse. Regardless of the cleanse you choose, just be sure to educate yourself on how to best support your metabolic system, facilitate detoxification, and nourish your body throughout for optimal results.’ -Bauman College
Regardless of the cleanse you chose, here are a few of my favorite (and simple) cleansing tips:
1. Start each morning with a fresh lemon/ginger elixir. Mix equal parts water and fresh lemon juice, grated 1 inch piece of ginger, a dash of cayenne and either agave, good quality maple syrup or honey. Mix well and sip first thing in the morning.
2. Sip room temperature water through out the day.
3. Drink dandelion tea, any other herbal teas, and coconut water. Also, kombucha in limited doses.
4. Add 1 tsp chia seeds to large glass of water or water canteen. They are loaded with omega 3’s and help keep you hydrated!
5. Eliminate all processed foods, sugars, meat and dairy. (Depending on what cleanse you may still eat meat, just cut down on your intake and be sure to eat grass fed and organic). I also eliminate all wheat containing foods.
6. Nix all caffeine, alcohol and tobacco.
7. Incorporate gentle exercises such as yoga or a 20-30 minute walk.
8. Take a bath with epsom salt and a few drops lavender essential oil.
9. Load up on fresh veggies and fruits- so important! Especially leafy greens, asparagus and berries. Add fresh herbs to your cooking, they contain a lot of detoxifying properties.
10. Get sufficient sleep and meditate daily.
These are just a few tips that I follow when I cleanse. What are some of YOUR favorites? Please share!
Also, be sure to check back on my blog and/or facebook page for cleansing recipes I will be cooking up over the next two weeks!