Join us in our Fall 5 Day Detox! Why detox you ask? There are countless reasons why a natural detox will tremendously benefit your body and mind.
First, your body needs a break! There are so many factors in our busy lifestyles, physically and mentally, that cause us to have an overload of harmful toxins in the body and mind. The first step to a beneficial detox is to eliminate these harmful factors that cause stress on our bodies. These include processed foods, excess sugars, stimulants, stress, chemicals, and any other environmental toxins. Secondly, you need to give your body the nourishment and proper nutrition it needs. These include foods that will help flush out the toxins, as well as repair and replenish the body with alkalizing properties that will cause the body to find proper balance and optimal vitality.
By eliminating the above toxins, adding detoxifying and cleansing foods to your diet, practicing mindfulness and light physical movements through gentle yoga, and also by getting an adequate amount of rest- you will soon be feeling the benefits of a natural cleanse!
Here is a short list of the many reasons you should join us in the 5 day smoothie detox:
- Eliminate toxic build up in your organs and tissue, caused by processed foods, pesticides, food preservatives, external pollutants and heavy metals. Even if you consider yourself a clean eater- there are unavoidable toxins that find a way in! They affect our behavior, sleeping patterns, immune system, skin, and energy levels. Even more serious- they may lead to chronic disease.
- Experience energy and vitality on a whole new level! You won’t believe how much energy it takes our bodies to digest the not-so-clean foods and toxicity we tend to consume. When we give our digestive system a break, the abundance of energy once needed to process the foods we were ingesting is now being redirected to repair and regenerate damaged cells. We are able to rebalance and recharge from within- allowing us to experience optimal vitality and inner strength and wellness.
- Gain more mental clarity and mind + body connection. When your body is not spending so much precious energy digesting food, we are able to also redirect that energy to our brains. This causes us to think more clearly and attain mental clarity and peace.
- Boost our immune systems. Our immune systems are often compromised by certain health conditions related to stress -mentally and physically, hormonal imbalances, weakened adrenals, inadequate nutrition. A detox will help to restore the imbalance we unfortunately experience due to certain lifestyle choices and even external factors we can’t control.
- Lose weight and excess body fat your body stores. A detox can help flush out the impurities and fat stored in cells, and also reduce Cortisol levels and increase your metabolic rate.
- Restore balance in your life- all of your systems from the digestive to nervous system are connected and work together. When you achieve balance through detoxification and cleansing, they will work together harmoniously as nature intended, allowing your body to function fully in all areas.
By joining us on this 5 day cleanse and following the basic guidelines of a gentle detox- you will be improving your overall quality of life and well-being.
Try it! You have nothing to lose but some excess belly bloat, mood swings, and that afternoon sluggishness you find yourself battling daily 🙂
Details of the Fall 5 Day Detox:
Fall Detox runs through October 21st– 25th. Fee of $30.00 includes a delicious detoxifying smoothie each day, as well as basic detoxifying guidelines from me, Laura Ferro of Nourish + Nosh.
Nava Yoga Center will be offering 5 days of yoga designed to cleanse, restore and renew. All classes are drop-in $15, class cards available . Pick up your smoothie after class at the Galley Cafe, located in the Lobby of Vincera Institute.
A few examples of what smoothies you can look forward to:
- Refreshing Cucumber + Mint – hydrating and alkalizing
- Pear, Avocado + Spinach – Antioxidant rich and provides Omega 3s, protein, and fiber
- Mango + Coconut Keifer – Restores healthy and beneficial stomach flora through probiotics as well as packs a large vitamin and mineral boost, and antioxidants
All smoothies are vegan and include superfoods such as spirulina, chia seeds, flaxseed oil, and more!
I look forward to helping you through this wonderful journey of gentle detoxification. Prepare to experience rejuvenation, mindfulness and optimal vitality.